14.11.09

Caution - Driving on Speed Breaker



"Caution - Speed Breaker Ahead" is one of the common road-side notices on Indian roads. But the truth is far away from it. It has to be something like "Caution - Driving on Speed breaker".

Just to kill time on my way to office a noble (not sure though!!!!) idea came to my mind. I started counting speed breakers in my apprx 13 km (parking to parking) journey. And the results are shocking. While going the count was 22, OMG. shocked???? There is more shocking data while back to home. The number is huge; 35. Yes, you heard it right. I need to cross 35 speed-breakers while on my way back to home. It comes around 1 speed breaker at every 300 meters.

They (I really don't know who but I didn't anything else to write.....) say that roads are key to the making of nation. Roads are the back-bone of the nation. But if the road itself has so many speed breakers how can we put our so-called great nation on fast-track of development. Not only speed-breakers are there to put brakes on your speed, our roads have innumerable (I thought of counting it, but it was like counting your own hair) pot-holes.

But the best part of these speed-breakers are that most of the speed breakers are invisible and without sign-board. Especially at night if you are not familiar with road, it's not safe to drive at more than 20 km/hr.

Every year PWD (Public Works Dept.) construct the roads, but everytime they come to there original condition within months. I really cannot understand the quality of the construction. Does it happen also in US, UK, Singapore or even in China? Please do tell me if anyone visited these places. Maybe all this act gives them (PWD) opportunity to earn money (obviously black) every year.

Please do tell us what yours take on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails