29.7.09

My Date With Andhra Food

Today I got to eat Idli with sambhar from new opened shop nearby. It also had 2 chuntnies. One of them was not had any taste. But the other one was so spicy that I needed to eat sugar to pacify myself. That sugar eating after such a spicy food reminded my first ever encounter with Andhra food.

First time I had Andhra food, after around 15 days I landed in Bangalore. I was staying in Laxmi hostel, Bilekahalli. After fifteen days of Andhra meals, new andhra mess came opposite to our hostel. Just to try new food me with my friend went there. Even the first appearance was different from our past experiences. First time we had food in banana leaf. We were excited with lot of caution. We asked for mini-meals. The difference between mini-meals and full-meals was that in full-meals they provide unlimited amount of rice. The first time even mini-meals was more than enough for me. But the daal, sabzi, kadi, and chutney they provided was so spicy that I drank at least a full jug of water. Even after that I had sugar with curd and again a jug of water.

Still till evening the spicy taste was there on our on taste buds. But we liked the food and went there again, this time with our other friends. After that it became our daily food for lunch and dinner. Hardly we used to miss that andhra food. Interestingly, after lots of feedback and request from us mess owner started making food less spicy or might be our tastes buds adjusted accordingly.

It's been long since I had andhra food but still I relish that food. There are lot many interesting stories attached with andhra food tourney which involved me and many of my friends. But I remember the food as a savior on which we survived during initial days in Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails