7.5.08

Politics - A bad word in India

Elections in Karnataka is just few days away from now. As always all political parties are publishing their manifesto before election. Janta Dal-Secular (JD-S) is last of three major parties (other two are congress and BJP) in Karnataka.

As most of middle class people does in present scenario, I do the same. I don't take much interest in politics. But as I am working for software company in Bangalore one news raised some curiosity in me.

JD-S has promised that they will give 30% reservations for Kannadigas in IT (Information Technology) and BT (Bio Technology) sectors. Reservation as such on the basis of cast/religion/area is controversial topic in India at least. So I am sorry in advance, if someone being hurt from my writing.

But sometimes I think, are these reservation really help those who really need that? Is it reaching to the people who cannot achieve anything in their life without it? In my various phase of life I've seen many guys getting benefit from reservations, but nowhere I've seen any poor person (who really need reservation in my perspective) from that cast/religion/area. I've seen people who are already good enough to pay there fee are getting fee rebate. Those who are able to buy books on market price they get extra library facilities. Aren't we spoiling our resources? Is it not the waste of resources, which can be more fruitful if invested in correct areas?

Personally I feel kannadigas, who are capable enough to be a part of software industry are already a part of it or going to be soon. I really don't see any need to give any kind of reservation in IT/BT for not even kannadigas but also for anyone. Anyways I know all these are just a publicity stunt before elections but somewhere it all creates a small feeling against reservation which in turn result in community bifurcation. I pray Bangalore will not follow the steps of whatever happened in Mumbai recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails