19.5.08

Corruption - It is omnipresent in India

I love my India. Not talking about the song from Pardes, but I really love my India. Long back I read a chapter in my course book (probably in V or VI std), "Unity in Diversity".I do not remember exactly what was the content of that chapter but must be talked about how the citizens of India are unite (in reality it is very hard to find) irrespective of the diversity in India. In the name of that chapter I want to urge the officials (responsible for selecting course material) that please add at least one paragraph (we can have a full text book though) in that chapter ("Unity in Diversity") about what truly unites India. Whether you go to petrol bunk, RTO, police station, hospital, electricity office, telephone office, post office, one thing will be common. Which really gives you a feel of being an Indian and you will be sure that you are witin the boundary of our great country India. Corruption!!!!

Yes it exist in every city, every department across the country. We always say that corruption in UP and Bihar is on high. Do you think that in Bangalore it does not exist. You are wrong, totally wrong. It is here, in the very heart of city namma Bengaluru (Bangalore). You know the best part I like of the corruption is that, the rates are almost common all over India. If you are caught by traffic police and do not have driving license pay Rs. 50, if you do not have a RC, or vehicle insurance, or pollution certificate Rs. 50. If you do not have all the things then you have to bargain. It will start from Rs 1000, but believe me Rs. 100 is OK.

Go to RTO. They are one step ahead as compare to traffic police. Traffic police will leave you if you have all the documents, but in RTO they will not take your application if you are directly going there (not going through Agents even you have all the required documents). I remember when I was in college, energetic and enthusiastic (dreaming to change the country as every young student does before meeting some harsh realities of real world) I went to RTO for my learning driving license. I filled the form and gave a written test in the morning. They called me in the evening to see the result. I was failed. I went there next morning and re-appeared in the test and after the test the responsible person shamelessly asked me "Why aren't you taking help of Agent? Come through them". "No", I replied firmly. Then he said, "OK. You are passed for now. But for driving license, please take care.".

We all are aware of the same situation in all the departments whether it is in so-called Hi-Tech cities e.g. namma Bengaluru, Hyderabad, amchi Mumbai or it is a far away village of UP, Bihar. I feel this is what makes India a truly unite country. We all are united for corruption to be exist. We stand united for this cause. This is what really "connecting India" not BSNL ("Connecting India" is a punchline of BSNL). Corruption is really a good example of being united as a country considering a highly diversified county India is. This topic really deserves a paragraph in the chapter "Unity in Diversity".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails