11.8.08

Abhinav Bindra - The star of Indian sports


India is participating in Olympics from last 80 years but today in 2008, the world's second most populous nation won first ever Olympic GOLD medal in solo category. The history is created and it's created by Abhinav Bindra.

He came ahead strongly to the Zhu Qinan, the defending champion, who won gold in last Olympics. I was lucky enough to see medal distribution ceremony live on DD-Sports today. It felt proud rather very proud when they play our National Anthem. I was so excited even I was just watching it on television, I cannot even think of the level of excitment of those who were physiclly present there or of the winner (
Abhinav) itself.

Possibly the dawn of Indian sports has arrived and I hope if everything (politics, sports authorities, corporate) goes in right direction we can be next super power in sports also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails